8 Fitness Career Boosts Training Clients with Osteoarthritis
Training Clients with Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis is prevalent in the two largest segments of the population – baby boomers and seniors – there is an increasing need for qualified health and fitness professionals like you to work with individuals experiencing degenerative joint conditions of the spine, hips, and knees. [These are individuals, who often have a sense of urgency and more disposable income- who are activity looking for you].
During this interview, my guest osteoarthritis expert Dr. Osar will share with you the three keys to developing and designing a safe and effective program for individuals diagnosed with spine, hip and/or knee osteoarthritis. If you’re already training clients with osteoarthritis you’ll love this.
Additionally, Dr. Osar will share how to attract and develop a business model that successfully serves the needs of this rapidly growing population.If you wish you were training clients with osteoporosis, this will help you position yourself as a credible expert among doctors with patients they’d love to refer.
Questions We Answered During This Episode:
- What are the 2-3 differences between training the older adult population with spine, hip, and/or knee osteoarthritis and the younger apparently healthy population?
- What are key things that need modification and/or you want to avoid in training the older adult population with spine, hip, and/or knee osteoarthritis?
- How can fit pros best position themselves as experts in working with the actively aging adult population with osteoarthritis?
Even if you’re already training clients with osteoarthritis (it’s hard not to!) you’ll pick up some tips to boost your confidence and reinforce the value you’re giving so you can position yourself better.
Connect with Dr. Osar
- Learn more about the continuing education: IIHFE.com
- See Dr. Osar at the MedFit Conference in San Franciscowhere he’s presenting on training clients with Osteoarthritis.
Details about the Medfit even in San Francisco: Main conference registration (Saturday & Sunday) include: + Nine educational sessions (with CEUs for fitness professionals) + Two 90-minute lunch & learn discussion groups + Networking and Expo + Saturday evening mixer with drinks, appetizers, and music + Complimentary 1-year professional MedFit Network Membership ($169 value!). Four optional half-day pre-conference workshops will be available on Friday, September 7 before the main conference. This 3-day event is for you if you want to start or enhance your career in medical fitness.
See you in San Francisco!
Start at the beginning of this podcast series: