You have to get emails delivered before they can be opened.
They have to be opened before they can be read.
And they have to be read before they’ll click to anything you’re selling or asking them to do next.
So, I’m going to break down how to get better results at each step.
You have to fight to keep your delivery rate high. So many marketers, scammers, and bulk email senders are making it harder and harder. But, never forget that email is still the number one way you’re going to nurture and then sell your customers.
So what do you do in order to get emails delivered?
Get your emails delivered:
- Segment your list
- Tag for opens in x days, never opened, never clicked
- Based on interest and why they opted in
- Start sending your emails (a single email blast) in batches
- Send them only content they want and nothing they don’t (tag the right people, don’t tag the wrong people)
- Clean up your list regularly – those people who haven’t opened an email in 90 days or more, may not even be getting them. No harm? Yes harm. Your deliverability is getting hurt. So, you want to send a couple “Is this goodbye?” emails, then remove them from your list. You can do something else to try again but this way you also don’t pay for them.
Get your emails opened:
Create better subject lines – May’s Newsletter, or Mondays Motivational Newsletter … are not it. Think front of the New York Times, cover of Cosmopolitan, for inspiration. Questions work well. Peak curiosity. Shock them. Use a statistic that involves them.
Spend 80% of your time on the subject line and 20 on the content.
Get your email click rate higher:
- Deliver on the juicy subject lines you create
- Make sure the content inside is for the individual opening the email (for men if it’s going to a 25-year old male unless it’s for a Mother’s Day gift; for a woman with osteoporosis and not about a 5am bootcamp)
- Review the Storytelling episode … if you get them to read it because it’s interesting content you’re going to get them to click on something relevant
- Insert the link (one link you want them to click NOT 5 links) up to 5 times
- Tell them what you want them to do. Click Here works well.
Email or CRM (Customer Relationship Managers):
- Constant Contact
- Automated emails
- Email Broadcasts
Need Real Business Support?
Episodes you also might like:
Don’t Miss All the April Fitness Marketing & Selling 2021 streak! Starting with this episode on April 1:
You can find them all on iTunes or at fitnessmarketingmastery.com