Are you a medical fitness professional or want to be? On this episode I catch up with founder of the Medfit Network about the 2020 and what’s a head.
My Guest About Medical Fitness Now
Lisa Dougherty founded the MedFit Network in 2013. It is both a free online resource directory and professional membership organization. She established the MedFit Education Foundation, a nonprofit 501©(3) in 2017 to elevate the quality and amount of available education for fitness and allied healthcare professionals.
Beyond COVID we are still facing a chronic disease, obesity, opioid and mental health crisis.
This is an opportunity for the fitness & healthcare professionals to up level their education and services to be the front line of healthcare by aiding in the management and prevention of chronic disease.
This is a time where they can expand their offerings and services to the largest, fastest growing demographic in the US (the world).
Questions we answer in this episode:
- Who joins Medfit?
- What do you see Medfit members doing differently than a year ago when we were normal?
- Do you agree that this may also weed out the weak and leave us with the strong?
- As the founder of Medfit what have you found was the message of members during the pandemic? Were there noticeable waves of response?
- What have we learned about fitness and health habits during the pandemic?
- What have we learned about serving clients?
- What has changed for Medfit and what has stayed the same?
- You’re offering some new ways to connect and interact?
- “The average personal trainer fails within 2 years”
~Lisa Dougherty, Medfit founder
Medical fitness is something a large percent of the population needs now or will. Even during the past 12 months of pandemic, weight gain, depression, anxiety, and muscle and bone loss among individuals who were less active during lockdowns have increased the need for medical fitness. Are you ready?
Connect with Medfit:
60-day free trial membership https://medfitnetwork.org/promo/